Monday 6 August 2012

First Place = Last Place

Haven't you noticed that everything is based on who is first or who is last? But, whether you are first or last, isn't that insignificant? Because, I'm a person who hasn't been left behind when it comes to studying. When I was in Primary School, I graduated as the valedictorian. In other words, first place. I was obsessed in getting that post that I really didn't care who was stepped upon. Of course, I gained it honestly, but, the countless of people I refused to help and the countless of people I trampled upon to reach my goal, was it worth it? In the end, it is true I gained first place, but it was not the position that helped me, but my grades. The position, the trophies, the medals, were just for show! It didn't gain me anything!

I'm saying this because I have seen people who are obsessed with gaining trophies or medals. Let me tell you this, it is not the medal or the status that counts but, the effort that you underwent to get there. And no matter how great your goals are never forget what is important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment