Thursday 26 July 2012

People's Ignorance

I must say that people can be quite ignorant when it comes to other cultures. Unfortunately, I am from a community where, if you are cleared skinned, you are what we call a "gringo". It is a nickname from anyone who is from the US. But, people here use it for anyone who is cleared skin. I am Hispanic and I am, also, called that, just because, my skin is a bit clearer than the rest. And, that is because I am Hispanic!

If you are Asian, I am sorry, but the people here suffer from complete bigotry. If you are ASIAN, you are a "Chino". That means that you are Chinese. It does not matter if you are Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, etc... You are Asian, so you are a "Chino". Of course, there are exceptions. There are, only, a few who can truly appreciate other cultures.

My father, as well as I, is learning another language. He is studying Mandarin. Today, it was his first day. The rest of my family only came to my house just to make fun of him. They are my family, but I consider them no less than ignoramuses. Idiots! And, last but not least, bigots.

I, too, have suffered horrible remarks, because I am learning Japanese, listen to Japanese Music, and adapting some of their culture which I found that shows a great deal of modesty.

Like they say, "Patience; what is needed to survive in a world filled with idiots."

No comments:

Post a Comment