Tuesday 24 July 2012

Rosetta Stone

Sorry for making you wait. Gomenasai.

Well, this is my review of Rosetta Stone, the language learning program.
This picture is not for the Japanese language

First of all, Rosetta Stone, as stated above, is a language learning program that involves total immersion. In other words, they are going to show you pictures and make you say some words. It is like if they threw you to the language's country that you are learning.

Since, I'm learning Japanese, it is, as if, I was thrown in the middle of Japan without a clue of how to get to the bathroom. Don't worry, it's virtual, so you won't really get lost into the opposite gender's restroom, unless you want. DON'T DO THAT!

Pros and Cons:

I like the fact that it is repetitive. The images and the voice aid help a lot. By voice aid, I mean that you'll have to repeat the pronunciation. By the second and further lessons, it returns to the previous lesson which helps a lot in remembering the vocabulary. In the end, it has the milestone which forces you to use everything that you have learned. (Failed it once :P)

Cons, my favourite. It is really expensive. You can buy it on Amazon for more than USD $300. Of course, you can get it illegally, but it has this protection that, if it is not activated with the CD key, you will not be able to access many of the lessons (Good thing there is a crack ~whistle~). Another con is that, if you are the type of person that needs the why's and how's to learn something, you are going to have a hard time. Probably, you are going to need a grammar book. Tonikaku, anyway, you are going to spend a lot of money.

Okay my little ghost friends, if you are following my blog, do you think that I should continue placing pictures and using my bits and pieces of Japanese? Please comment if you are following. :D

[UPDATE]: Forgot to mention that it made me feel like a three year old. I forgot the pacifier XD.

Next stop, ummm... I got lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment